Windows 7 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
Anybody here using Windows 7?

I am trying to figure out the best way to use the backup feature. I have a 320GB HD on my laptop, which is about half full. I am backing up to a 1TB external drive.

It appears that the default backup settings for Windows 7 is to backup files and also do an image of the system disk. What I would like to do is to have incremental backups of the files, and only do the system disk on occasion.

Does W7's backup do incrementals?

What do you think of the difference between Windows Vista and 7, Fred? We can split this into a new thread if you think it warranted.

I really like W7. The interface is better, it runs smoother, and hibernates/sleeps/wakes faster.

I just installed W7 on my laptop and I really like. It is much faster and clean. I will likely use it on my main computer when it comes out.

But, does it have all the eye candy? :p

Also, having never installed a new OS where a previous one existed, do you have to move all your hard drive info to a safe drive when overwriting the previous OS (in other words, do you have to completely reformat your hard drive), or do your non-OS folders remain safe during an install?

But, does it have all the eye candy? :p

Also, having never installed a new OS where a previous one existed, do you have to move all your hard drive info to a safe drive when overwriting the previous OS (in other words, do you have to completely reformat your hard drive), or do your non-OS folders remain safe during an install?

I did not format my drive but what it does is moves the old windows to a folder. Beyond that I am not sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back