I was able to go to seminary because of work study. Without that I would not have been able to pay the bills. So, not only Did I work full time at the school (RTS Maitland at the time when they had great teachers there, 1994), but I also had full time classes, with a full schedule. I also had a paid internship with a Presbyterian church for 2 years. So all around it was non-stop until I was done. But I planned to do it that way anyway. In Bible college, the previous 3 years or so, straight through, I loaded my coursework with everything from Hebrew and Greek to everything I could handle, while at the same time was a night watchman for the campus. So, I somewhat got used to a hectic schedule, little sleep, with no breaks, no summers off, no nothing, until I as done. I realize not everyone has the opportunity to do that, or may not be physically able to do that, but I was fairly certain I could handle it and get used to it. I wasn't married until my last year of college, so the added blessing of a wife wasn't in full force until seminary. My wife and I were married, one week later we were at the seminary, and the week thereafter, we moved into an apartment by the campus. Off and running.
But I enjoyed that time as jam packed as it was.