Worm Theology

  • Thread starter Thread starter JM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I did see the slug video Piper is talking...

[video=youtube;tg6VLeR240c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6VLeR240c[/video]
 
I love "Worm" theology.
25:1 Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said:

2 “Dominion and fear are with God;
he makes peace in his high heaven.
3 Is there any number to his armies?
Upon whom does his light not arise?
4 How then can man be in the right before God?
How can he who is born of woman be pure?
5 Behold, even the moon is not bright,
and the stars are not pure in his eyes;
6 how much less man, who is a maggot,
and the son of man, who is a worm!”


Isaiah 41:14
Fear not, o worm Jacob,
you men of Israel!
I am the one who helps you, declares the Lord;
your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.
 
1My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top