You gotta see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely insane. It is particularly fitting and very appropriate that the Flag is above the grave marker cross. It is indeed an accurate depiction of this sort of jingoism.

That's absolutely insane. It is particularly fitting and very appropriate that the Flag is above the grave marker cross. It is indeed an accurate depiction of this sort of jingoism.

I get bombarded daily with this sort of thing from family members. Please kill me.

Is this a subject that you cannot discuss with family James...or would you just be flying over their heads, and think it futile and fruitless ?

Is this a subject that you cannot discuss with family James...or would you just be flying over their heads, and think it futile and fruitless ?

Many hours have been spent. It will take a miracle from God. Almost all of my family who make a profession of faith are arminianm, dispensational, premill, pretrib and listen to people like John Hagee. They think I'm in some sort of cult.

Don't feel like the lone ranger there James. This is how the majority of my family is. Thankfully I don't get the emails anymore.

James,

I feel for you brother. I'm USN from a family of USN. I get this sort of tripe in my email every day, from family with good intentions I suppose. But man it drives me up a tree!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:mad: :mad: :doh: :doh:

Alot of my family are the sort of guns guts and glory "Americans" that, frankly, make me puke. The kind of people that think Jesus Christ is as American as Coca Cola. It gets my dander up alot. It's blind devotion to an ideal that I can't tolerate anymore really. Lately I've started replying to alot of them, and I'm afraid (pray for me here) that a few of my replies are.... shall we say.... less than charitable.

James,

I feel for you brother. I'm USN from a family of USN. I get this sort of tripe in my email every day, from family with good intentions I suppose. But man it drives me up a tree!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:mad: :mad: :doh: :doh:

Alot of my family are the sort of guns guts and glory "Americans" that, frankly, make me puke. The kind of people that think Jesus Christ is as American as Coca Cola. It gets my dander up alot. It's blind devotion to an ideal that I can't tolerate anymore really. Lately I've started replying to alot of them, and I'm afraid (pray for me here) that a few of my replies are.... shall we say.... less than charitable.

What I've found useful is to talk about (in the most dispassionate way you can) the many things that America is associated with and celebrates. The protection and harbouoring of homosexuals, and pedophiles, their godless schools, and abortion, etc.

I often mention to State-loving arminians that God is not pleased with the mass murder of babies even though, as that poem said, "I am proud" (America). Indeed America is proud of her abominations and wickedness. She even makes laws to protect and encourage such things.

I ususaly go on to mention their "Christian" King George is the most powerful man in the world, his politicaol party has (had) complete control of all branches of government, and yet he *could* not (would not!) stop the slaughter of children.

Pagan Rome even had shame about such things. America? No. We clap and march and smile and wave. America revels in it.

What I've found useful is to talk about (in the most dispassionate way you can) the many things that America is associated with and celebrates. The protection and harbouoring of homosexuals, and pedophiles, their godless schools, and abortion, etc.

I often mention to State-loving arminians that God is not pleased with the mass murder of babies even though, as that poem said, "I am proud" (America). Indeed America is proud of her abominations and wickedness. She even makes laws to protect and encourage such things.

I ususaly go on to mention their "Christian" King George is the most powerful man in the world, his politicaol party has (had) complete control of all branches of government, and yet he *could* not (would not!) stop the slaughter of children.

Pagan Rome even had shame about such things. America? No. We clap and march and smile and wave. America revels in it.

Good preachin' brother!:amen:

Thanks for the advice.

I have to say that sometimes, though they are Christians, I wonder who alot of my family are trusting in more. Christ, or the GOP and the military.

Thanks for the advice.

I have to say that sometimes, though they are Christians, I wonder who alot of my family are trusting in more. Christ, or the GOP and the military.

I've seen a bumper sticker in our area a lot that says "In God, Bush and the U.S. Military I trust"

Have you seen this one?
http://www.bushfish.org/

sample_2_index.gif

That reminds me of that Simpson's episode where Homer creates a webpage with all sorts of animated icons and says: "Gee, you think it would be annoying to see all these animated pictures but it really isn't...."

Thankfully, I don't get too many of those forwarded to me but they're like drinking a glass of Sacchrine when I read them. My wife has a friend who only sends sappy e-mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back