How Do You See the PB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
In reference to which skin do you see the PB through?

Personally I use Dark Metal...

(For those who do not know skin options are located at the bottom left corner when you scroll all the way down)...

I just picked out "Tulip" but I'm not sure if I will stay with it. Before I just had the default.

Thanks for pointing that out!!! I didn't even know about it.

Dark Metal is definitely the coolest, but it's kinda hard on the eyes... Perhaps I'll get used to it... :duh:

TvB Curves is the most aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion. The others make me want to not come back. :lol:

Thanks for the tip - I didn't know these existed. I guess I'm behooved to go PB black, as it is the most eco-friendly ;)

Thanks for the info. I can't take the Blacks. I will probably stick with the default. I'm so used to it, everything else just looks weird to me.

Coolio....

I too, had no clue...as to the wonders of skins....

I'm trying black.....anybody have any "proof" science to back up, which is better for the eyes?

I'm trying black.....anybody have any "proof" science to back up, which is better for the eyes?

Well, science is empirical and inductive. So I will give you preliminary research:

The subject was a normal healthy male, excellent eyesight except for minor astigmatism, no history of mental disorders (other than some out-there political views not relevant to the study).

Subject normally reads black print on white background on his computer screen for many hours a day. White print on black background was introduced into his environment, whereupon subject attempt to read the introduced print for 25 minutes. Subject reported incipient migraine, difficulty focusing on objects surrounding him, and persistent retinal image burn-in for more than 5 minutes after concluding the session.

Subject also reported flash-back memories of tearing a magazine article in a rage 20 years ago, because the article had been printed with white type on a black background. Further study is necessary to determine whether such bi-chromal inversion causes instability in other subjects.

Lol

LOL....My first response is the same....I'm trying the Metal....and I'm not liking the reverse coloring....but, and I've tried the tvb...which may be my new skin....I also zoomed a bit.

Once again....lol....love it!

Just switched mine to black...thanks for the tip! Also...I tried earlier, and it didnt stick...is there a way to save it?

Well, science is empirical and inductive. So I will give you preliminary research:

The subject was a normal healthy male, excellent eyesight except for minor astigmatism, no history of mental disorders (other than some out-there political views not relevant to the study).

Subject normally reads black print on white background on his computer screen for many hours a day. White print on black background was introduced into his environment, whereupon subject attempt to read the introduced print for 25 minutes. Subject reported incipient migraine, difficulty focusing on objects surrounding him, and persistent retinal image burn-in for more than 5 minutes after concluding the session.

Subject also reported flash-back memories of tearing a magazine article in a rage 20 years ago, because the article had been printed with white type on a black background. Further study is necessary to determine whether such bi-chromal inversion causes instability in other subjects.

:lol:

Thanks for pointing that out!!! I didn't even know about it.

Dark Metal is definitely the coolest, but it's kinda hard on the eyes... Perhaps I'll get used to it... :duh:

You will. I have been using it since March and as long as people do not use black writing it is the best one.

:gasp: Coloring the text black really does make it disappear with Dark Metal.. neato!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back