Zeus makes a comeback in Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like something from the Society for Creative Anachronisms. Like a lot of neo-pagan rituals, this is a "best guess" at how things were done and what the ancient Greeks believed. I doubt they were great ecologists, and they certainly were not peaceful. Oh, well...a pagan can dream, can't he/she?

crhoades;

It's actually rather weird to me, I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about how years ago, people actually took the thought of worshipping a god or having his judgment cast down you...way more seriously back when they were worshipping Zues and Isis, and the like...than they do today...and then to see that today it's making the news that people are trying to bring it back into practice...it's just too weird...

As the great theologian Bob Dylan said: You gotta serve somebody.

It's odd and sad - when I was a pagan I worked a lot harder to serve my gods (painting abstracts mainly, conveying New Age principles) than I do now to serve the true God - and I did it with a much less divided will! Oh, wreched one that I am, who shall deliver me...

Well, the Metropolitan has a little competition. I doubt ye olde Roman Papa gets much love from the Greek Orthodox down there; maybe a few Eastern Rite Catholics or whatever they are called, and that's probably it.

Anybody remember the religion of Zeus in Die Hard III (with a Harlem twist)?

Zeus' Children's Catechism:

Zeus: Now, where you going?
Dexter: School.
Zeus: Why?
Raymond: To get educated.
Zeus: Why?
Dexter: So we can go to college.
Zeus: And why is that important?
Dexter: To get es-pect.
Zeus: RE-spect. Who are the bad guys?
Dexter: Guys who sell drugs.
Raymond: Guys who have guns.
Zeus: Who are the good guys?
Dexter: We're the good guys.
Zeus: Who's gonna help you?
Raymond: Nobody.
Zeus: So who's gonna help you?
Dexter: We're gonna help ourselves.
Zeus: And who do we not want to help us?
Raymond, Dexter: White people.
Zeus: All right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back