like being hit in the face with an iron skillet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I really need to fix my computer to figure out where the conflict is with my sound so that I can hear this sermon. But I really hate the thought of reformating the entire hard drive to get it fixed again.

Just think of it as "Reforming" the hard drive. Maybe that will make it a little eaiser on you...:)

I guess I really need to fix my computer to figure out where the conflict is with my sound so that I can hear this sermon. But I really hate the thought of reformating the entire hard drive to get it fixed again.

Joe,
I think he rebuked the "amen" sayers because the people were treating the situation like they were at a pep rally instead of really contemplating what he was saying and judging whether it applied to them or not.

The thing I liked most about his message was that he was actually PLEADING with men to convert and be saved! There was an all-consuming passion and fire in his voice that showed his sincerity and heart-felt longings for the souls of those young people.

While most people who preach are probably most concerned with being popular, he was most concerned with saving their precious souls from eternal damnation.

It was really a sobering sermon to hear... I needed it. I'm starting to think that most of what we Americans do "as Christians" (the concerts, conferences, seminars, vending, etc.) is a complete waste in comparison with what this man is doing around the world by raising up Christians who then raise up churches. I don't think there's any hope for us except a great persecution, and I have to admit, persecution wouldn't fit so well with my life right now!

:agree: As sad as it is a persecution would weed this mess out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back