What is the most used book in your library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Scandinavian Folk and Fairy Tales, ed. Claire Booss; or perhaps The Great Short Works of Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Christian in Complete Armour by Gurnall. I'll read this over and over again the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little surprised that nobody has mentioned Beeke's Puritan Theology or a Brakel's Christian's Reasonable Service... ???

Probably Scandinavian Folk and Fairy Tales, ed. Claire Booss; or perhaps The Great Short Works of Fyodor Dostoevsky.

After taking a look, I realized I read Dabney's Discussions more than Dostoevsky. I've also been cracking open The Farside Gallery quite a bit lately. ;)

My wife chimed in that for her it would have to be Large Family Logistics or Trim, Healthy Mama.

I don't have a very impressive book collection. But lately I'd say the book I most commonly pick up and reference from the shelf is the C. S. Lewis essay collection God in the Dock.

In principle I would say Berkhof's "Principles of Biblical Interpretation". Why the caveat because his words are in my head rather than requiring me to take the book down and read it. He also proves a strong antidote against liberal interpretation.

Probably my copy of the Standards and a couple key Spanish learning texts as that has been a preoccupation of mine the past couple of years.

My top three are the Free Presbyterian edition of the Westminster Standards and other documents, Matthew Henry's complete commentary, and Calvin's Institutes.

Christian in Complete Armour by Gurnall. I'll read this over and over again the rest of my life.

I wonder if this is something like the book Putting on the Whole Armor of God?

Waldron's Modern Commentary on the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith

As providence would have it, I was looking at a copy of the recently published paperback edition of this book in a library today. Interestingly, there was an endorsement printed on the back of it from our own Fred Greco (with the usual provisos about the sacraments and church-government, of course). I may actually buy it now, as it looks quite useful. :wow:

-Christian in Complete Armour
-Valley of Vision
-J.C. Ryles 7 Volume Expository Thoughts on the Gospels
-A Puritan Theology
-Reasonable Service (A' Brakel)

Sorry cant just pick one. First two are on recycle as my "devotionals".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back