3 Forms of Unity from SGCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Is now being sold as a leather-bound hardcover or is it just the 1689?
 
Is now being sold as a leather-bound hardcover or is it just the 1689?

Friend, do you really mean the Three Forms of Unitu (the standard confessions of the Reformed Churches -- the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Canons of Dort) or this?
 
JM,

I just received my copy of the 1689 yesterday. I think it is a nice volume. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's still nice.
 
JM,

I just received my copy of the 1689 yesterday. I think it is a nice volume. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's still nice.

As one who is awaiting the arrival of the copy I ordered, could you expound a bit?
 
JM,

I just received my copy of the 1689 yesterday. I think it is a nice volume. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's still nice.

As one who is awaiting the arrival of the copy I ordered, could you expound a bit?

I was expecting to be just like the Valley of Vision leather edition. The original announcement, from what I remember, described it in that way. I see they have put up a special announcement stating that plan changed. The picture of it that is now on their website is what it looks like. It does not have page gilding and it is a hard cover book with leather over boards rather than the flexible cover I was expecting. But, it is still a nice book, just not like Valley of Vision. The pages are nice and thick and the binding is sewn. It's the best edition of the 1689 I've seen personally, but I would have like to have seen it more like Valley of Vision with a flexible cover and gold page gilding.
 
My order should be in today but I might send it back. I wish I knew before they shipped.
 
Yes, I am not happy that they changed mid-stream either. Here is the notice the Mike put up on the web-site.
**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - The Original Plan to have this Book Modeled after the "Valley of Vision" was changed so that the Image we had on our Web Site was not an Exact Representation of the Final Product. A New Image has now been uploaded that is the exact volume available. We are confident that our customers will be very pleased with the Actual Leather-Bound Hardcover Book. If customers who have purchased the book are not satisfied we are willing to resolve the problem to their full satisfaction. Call me at 205-587-4480 if you have any questions
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top