A Brief Exposition of the Epistles of Paul...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Presbyterian

Puritan Board Doctor
to the Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians by James Fergusson.

It's a very old copy (no copyright information) published by Thomas Ward and Co., London. Anyone have any idea about how I could go about dating or even guessing a date for this book?

I've been looking for this for months now and never thought I would find a copy within my piddly budget. I got it for $15 at Alibris. Wooo Hoooo! Praise the Lord!!
I'm really looking forward to digging into this treasure trove. :)

Thanks to Rev. Winzer for introducing me to James Fergusson. :up:

Spurgeon says (remarking on the 1841 edition):

He who possesses this work is rich. The author handles his matter in the same manner as Hutcheson and Dickson, and he is of their class -- a grand, gracious, savory divine.

Spurgeon says (remarking on the 1841 edition):

He who possesses this work is rich. The author handles his matter in the same manner as Hutcheson and Dickson, and he is of their class -- a grand, gracious, savory divine.

Is this online anywhere?

Not that I know of. But I found some really great prices for the 2001 SGP edition online (as low as $5-6), though I don't know if the shipping fees to Northern Ireland would negate that value.

Sovereign Grace Publishers

There are two "new" copies on Amazon, for example, which are under $6.00.

Boy, Andrew, I searched everywhere I could think of online under both the author's name and the title and could only come up with the old editions, most costing $100+. I never even considered an updated title. :drool:

Next time I'm looking for something like this I'll PM you first. :)

Thanks for the link though. My Pastor is interested in getting a copy for his library.

Sovereign Grace Publishers

There are two "new" copies on Amazon, for example, which are under $6.00.

Boy, Andrew, I searched everywhere I could think of online under both the author's name and the title and could only come up with the old editions, most costing $100+. I never even considered an updated title. :drool:

Next time I'm looking for something like this I'll PM you first. :)

Thanks for the link though. My Pastor is interested in getting a copy for his library.

No problem, glad to be of assistance (anytime). :handshake:

BTW, I don't have the SGP edition, so I can't comment on its merit; my edition is the 1978 Banner of Truth edition, based on the 1841 edition, and also bound with David Dickson's commentary on Hebrews, and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back