A glimpse of my study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Study companion?! Well, that crazy feline needs to just get its sorry, furry behind to the back of the classroom and stand, 'til they can pay better attention...

Nothing in this life is better than curling up with a cat and book! Perhaps add a cup of tea or Irish Cream :)

Cats are awesome - until they want to lay on top of the book you are reading.

I like your well rounded guitar selection. Which one gets used the most?

I like your well rounded guitar selection. Which one gets used the most?
Pretty much equal. Lately I’m trying Bach transcriptions on the Yamaha. I play homemade folk songs on the (now) vintage Pearl. I’m just now learning the electric and the lap steel. Then it’s on to Franck and Buxtehude on the organ. There’s also fiddle and harpsichord.

It’s a good thing only the cats can hear me. One of them starts plucking harpsichord strings if I go too long.

Pretty much equal. Lately I’m trying Bach transcriptions on the Yamaha. I play homemade folk songs on the (now) vintage Pearl. I’m just now learning the electric and the lap steel. Then it’s on to Franck and Buxtehude on the organ. There’s also fiddle and harpsichord.

It’s a good thing only the cats can hear me. One of them starts plucking harpsichord strings if I go too long.
I was going to ask you about that lap steel in that corner next to that little black star amp. Is that a Gretch lap steel? Also, that Pearl is pretty. Does it play as good as a Gibson J200 Jumbo body?
And is that an effects pedal on that bottom shelf? Are reformed Baptist allowed to have those?:)

I was going to ask you about that lap steel in that corner next to that little black star amp. Is that a Gretch lap steel? Also, that Pearl is pretty. Does it play as good as a Gibson J200 Jumbo body?
And is that an effects pedal on that bottom shelf? Are reformed Baptist allowed to have those?:)
Right on all of the above. The Pearl was made in Japan in the early 70s by a famous luthier of the time. I got it from my cousin in the 80s. Never played a Gibson, but the Pearl has nice resonance.

And yes, that’s a little MultiStomp 50G that does more than I know what to do with.

I never asked if I was allowed. I could call it liberty. But if some can have cigars then I’ll take my effects pedal. ;)

Looks like you’ve given Beeke’s Reformed Preaching some good use. I have it on the desk, yet to open. What are your thoughts on it?

Right on all of the above. The Pearl was made in Japan in the early 70s by a famous luthier of the time. I got it from my cousin in the 80s. Never played a Gibson, but the Pearl has nice resonance.

And yes, that’s a little MultiStomp 50G that does more than I know what to do with.

I never asked if I was allowed. I could call it liberty. But if some can have cigars then I’ll take my effects pedal. ;)
Yeah, I don't do cigars either. However, we probably have about 10 or so single effect pedals and at least 2 multi effects. To complement the 5 electric guitars, 4 acoustics, 3 bass guitars, 1 mandolin, 2 violins, 1 melodica, 5 harmonicas, a piano, and various things to beat on with your hands.

The important question: what happened to your Oxford Collar Button Down? I thought that was the only shirt a man needs? Not this fancy plaid!

How is the plane coming?
Slowly. I confess to some chronic fatigue since my wife passed. I am slower at working. But I'm finishing the second wing and looking for an engine.

I still fly my 1948 Commonwealth. In spare time.... When other duties have been met.

Slowly. I confess to some chronic fatigue since my wife passed. I am slower at working. But I'm finishing the second wing and looking for an engine.

I still fly my 1948 Commonwealth. In spare time.... When other duties have been met.
I have a son who will start training in January to become a certified aircraft mechanic. He's totally crazy about old aircraft and our dinner conversations are dominated by discussions about engine components, wing configurations, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back