Advice On Clubs For Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
Hello all. Our kids' ages are 5, 3, and 1, and we've been looking into getting them plugged into a midweek evening club, mainly to help build friendships and have fun. We're having a hard time. We tried AWANA last week, but it was too much of a classroom setting, which our kids already have at church and the homeschool co-op.

What worked for you? I want something we can all do as a family, in a somewhat informal environment, where our kids are building more relationships. Sadly I can't find anything. Any wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your kids are on the young end of things, but your oldest might be eligible for Trail Life or American Heritage Girls (depending on the 5 y/o's gender).

Since your kids homeschool, like mine, look in your area for other co-ops to piggy back off of. We're in CC and I'd say most of the other families are also involved in other homeschool groups throughout the week.

+1 to TrailLife and American Heritage Girls. I have one kid in each program and, while each troop is unique, I highly recommend both programs.

Trail Life for boys. I think the kids have to be 5 to join. They emphasize family relationships, especially father and son. You'll find lots of like-minded families there. It's a great organization.

What about some kind of group martial arts training, as a family?

Thanks for the input. I think we're going to try to get some families together regularly and come up with different fun things for the kids to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back