After the Rapture Pet Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
R Harris; said:
Amil and postmil are still only about 3-5% of Christian thinking.

I know dispensationalism is big in the US but not so much elsewhere. I have met very few historic premillennialists, and they nearly all belong to Brethren Assemblies. In terms of the more extreme dispensationalism premillennialists, I have met even fewer.
 
This can't be real.

The idea came from seeing someone else’s joke. An atheist created a site in England that said she’d take care of Christian-owned pets after the Rapture, and asked for 70 pounds as a “donation.” She promoted it as a joke, and it virally made the rounds amongst non-believers who enjoy making fun of Christians. My husband saw it (he’s an Internet geek) and told me about it. Admittedly, it seemed funny. I told my friend, Carol, who is not a Christian, and she brought up a question: “Hey, if you get raptured, what happens to Petey?” It was an excellent question, and I didn’t have an answer.

A couple weeks later Carol came back and suggested we start After The Rapture Pet Care together. She said she had asked several Christian friends the same question she’d asked me, and every one of them would pay for a service to ensure the care of their pets after the Rapture. I had also asked some fellow Christians their thoughts. In every case they wished there was a way to prepare for their pets’ survival.
 
I've been wondering...

What if the Dispensationalists are right about the rapture, can we buy in when it happens? Also, should I keep an ongoing display of fiction and non-fiction Dispensational titles in my library? Will it increase our circulation?

Lately my wife has noticed a large hawk hanging around our house. Do you suppose something is going to get raptored?
 
I know dispensationalism is big in the US but not so much elsewhere. I have met very few historic premillennialists, and they nearly all belong to Brethren Assemblies

I understand, Stuart, that Dr Lloyd-Jones played a big part in the weakening of dispensationalism in the UK (eg, his lectures on eschatology in the Great Doctrines of the Bible based on lectures given in the 1950's).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top