This might have come up before--I have been gone a while. Who watches Lost? Isn't it the greatest mystery show of all time? I have some conspiracies as to the characters on the show.
My wife and brother in law started watching it the first time the pilot was shown. I was upstairs (probably lurking the PB) at the time, wondering what in the world was going on, catching little snippets of it. I've been watching it since the second episode
I remember some news program did a piece on the appeal of the show, and they basically called it "TV for educated people."
We are on the 3rd disc of second season. I really like the show. It's the only thing we watch from tv. We had to wait until now to see season 2 because we had to wait until Netflix got it in since we don't have cable. I gotta find a friend who can record them for me when season 3 starts. Really cool show.
Cool stuff on wikipedia, they have each characters history summarized from the various "flashbacks" so watch out for spoilers if you haven't seen both seasons yet. They also have at the bottom "Themes" that go into why the character is so named or certain things that pertain to that character. It just shows how deep the show is.