Arminian Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! Reminds me of J.I Packer's Evangelism and the Soverignty of God. In it he argues that every Arminian is a calvinist in their prayers 1) They thank God for saving them (they would recoil at the thought of thanking God that they chose to be saved) 2) They ask God for protection (thus showing that they believe he is in control of things which they are not 3) They ask God for provision again demonstrating their utter dependance upon the Lord.

Great stuff! True born again Arminians are calvinists in their heart, its just their head they need to sort out! ;)

Excellent! Reminds me of J.I Packer's Evangelism and the Soverignty of God. In it he argues that every Arminian is a calvinist in their prayers 1) They thank God for saving them (they would recoil at the thought of thanking God that they chose to be saved) 2) They ask God for protection (thus showing that they believe he is in control of things which they are not 3) They ask God for provision again demonstrating their utter dependance upon the Lord.

Great stuff! True born again Arminians are calvinists in their heart, its just their head they need to sort out! ;)

:agree: This is so true! When I was Arminian I was terribly confused about the contradiction between our prayers and what was taught.

No, I was a real good Arminain.

I did pray and thank God for me asking Him into my heart.

And We all believed He made it possible by grace so we thanked Him for making it possible

We always prayed and asked Him to help so and so be to be willing to accept Him . Not sure why we did that it would violate their free will but we dis that.

I guess if He only helped them a little bit so the would decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back