As If We Don't Have Enough to Worry About Already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, their stingers are long enough and powerful enough to penetrate beekeeping suits. I think it was this report that says that they kill about 50 people a year in Japan. I hope the entomologists can get their act together and get these nasties eliminated.

We should all self-isolate and squeeze out the economy so we don’t get stung until the winter when flying bugs go away.
o_Oo_Oo_O

Thank you for posting this. I had read about it not long ago and forgot to pray, but this morning I prayed for mercy. I don't think people realize that about 1/3 of the food they put in their mouth was pollinated by insects, often bees.

The major staples like corn, wheat, rice, and soy are not insect pollinated, thank God. But vast tracts of modern agriculture- citrus, fruits, nuts- are insect pollinated. We get honey from a beekeeper in PA- they move their hives to Florida in winter, and to upstate NY in summer. Bees are moved all around in central valley CA to pollinate. Bees are vital.

They are already suffering because of the colony collapse disorder. These hornets would be catastrophic.

I am wondering if it possible to cage the hives with metal netting small enough to let the bees through and the hornets out. There would need to be cages on the flat beds that move hives around, and at the orchards. I assume this will be an expensive endeavor to protect hives if the hornets spread (which my guess is they will, despite the best efforts to eradicate).

Here on the east coast we are starting our own fight with the invasive spotted lantern fly. It remains to be seen how bad it will be.

Africa and lower Asia/mideast are being attacked with locusts, the worst in decades, over wide spread areas. People face starvation without food aid.

This is all nothing to joke about. I think after millions of aborted babies and all our other sins, the hoof beats of the four horsemen are sounding in the distance.

Edit....Hey bookslover. I just saw this. There is a 12 minute video about these beasts part way down. It sure inspires my prayers. 5 minutes in is the story about a guy hiking near Chang Mai, Thailand, who dies from the stings. My son is headed to Chang Mai to start teaching English in July. I'll have to pass it on before he treks unwary in the mountains. 30-40 people a year are stung to death in Japan. https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/deadly-murder-hornet-swarms-arrive-north-america. God bless the eradicators.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I had read about it not long ago and forgot to pray, but this morning I prayed for mercy. I don't think people realize that about 1/3 of the food they put in their mouth was pollinated by insects, often bees.

The major staples like corn, wheat, rice, and soy are not insect pollinated, thank God. But vast tracts of modern agriculture- citrus, fruits, nuts- are insect pollinated. We get honey from a beekeeper in PA- they move their hives to Florida in winter, and to upstate NY in summer. Bees are moved all around in central valley CA to pollinate. Bees are vital.

They are already suffering because of the colony collapse disorder. These hornets would be catastrophic.

I am wondering if it possible to cage the hives with metal netting small enough to let the bees through and the hornets out. There would need to be cages on the flat beds that move hives around, and at the orchards. I assume this will be an expensive endeavor to protect hives if the hornets spread (which my guess is they will, despite the best efforts to eradicate).

Here on the east coast we are starting our own fight with the invasive spotted lantern fly. It remains to be seen how bad it will be.

Africa and lower Asia/mideast are being attacked with locusts, the worst in decades, over wide spread areas. People face starvation without food aid.

This is all nothing to joke about. I think after millions of aborted babies and all our other sins, the hoof beats of the four horsemen are sounding in the distance.

Edit....Hey bookslover. I just saw this. There is a 12 minute video about these beasts part way down. It sure inspires my prayers. 5 minutes in is the story about a guy hiking near Chang Mai, Thailand, who dies from the stings. My son is headed to Chang Mai to start teaching English in July. I'll have to pass it on before he treks unwary in the mountains. 30-40 people a year are stung to death in Japan. https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/deadly-murder-hornet-swarms-arrive-north-america. God bless the eradicators.

Yes, as I said, the entomologists and other need to get on the stick and try to get this taken care of.

Yes, as I said, the entomologists and other need to get on the stick and try to get this taken care of.
I don't know if a single instance when an invasive species has been successfully eliminated once introduced. If these things are here, it's doubtful anything will succeed in getting rid of them.

I don't know if a single instance when an invasive species has been successfully eliminated once introduced. If these things are here, it's doubtful anything will succeed in getting rid of them.
There are a few success stories out there but it’s a tough row to hoe.

The bees may be less compliant than the humans if the entomologists try to make them shelter in place for a murder hornet pandemic.

1588557782414.jpeg

Well, I've been bummed by these bugs since last December. They were first spotted in the western part of our state. I've got lots of bee-keeping buddies who are looking nervously toward the west this spring.

Is there a reason that everything bad is coming from Asia?

If you can stomach it, Youtube, type "Coyote Peterson, Asian Hornet."

Another reason to pray and cry out to God.

It does seem alarming how sensitive those populations are considering how vital a role they play in the cycle of life. Of course it points to our Creator who has the whole world in His hands. Let us not neglect the potential for a infestation of this hornet as we have been asked to care for creation, but let us not forget that not one yellow or black strip on their backs is uncounted!

Is there a reason that everything bad is coming from Asia?

If you can stomach it, Youtube, type "Coyote Peterson, Asian Hornet."

Another reason to pray and cry out to God.
ooohhh, I watched the vid from 11 minutes in starting with the sting. Horrible. The things people will do to make you tube videos.

If you ever read the Hunger Games, they are just like the tracker jackers.

My niece has beehives and my son is talking about getting them. We are east coast. If these creatures spread I'd get rid of my hives sooner than risk an invasion. Maybe I'll buy a couple buckets of honey this summer lol, it'll last forever.

“And I sent the hornet before you, which drove them out before you, the two kings of the Amorites; it was not by your sword or by your bow.” - Joshua 24:12

And you thought it was one of those little annoying hornets...

I saw the "African Killer Bee"-thing once on Discovery, only to realise it's the same bees that I have played with in kindergarten (throwing them on girls...) and also once to have been chased by (stung 5 or 6 times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back