Ask Mr. Religion's Blog Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have permission to access that. But it sounds like you are saying he is with the Savior?

He passed away March 4. No details.

There are areas of the board that can only be accessed after one has established a track record, and other areas have additional restrictions.
 
I don’t have permission to access that. But it sounds like you are saying he is with the Savior?
We are all heartbroken Susan and I know you share in that. It was only discovered yesterday that he had died. Perhaps more details will come to light soon but the main thing is that yes- he is with the Savior.
 
No one on this board will be missed more than this dear brother! His absence here will impoverish us all.
 
We are all heartbroken Susan and I know you share in that. It was only discovered yesterday that he had died. Perhaps more details will come to light soon but the main thing is that yes- he is with the Savior.
Yes, that is the main thing Jeri. And some day I will be able to thank him for the warmth and wisdom of his posts.
 
Dear BIC and SIC,

It is very sad to hear, my thought and prayer for Patrick's family.

During these years, I learned a lot from his posts on PB so I will definitely miss him.

I happened to receive his final message dated 4 March 2019, I received this message from every update that he posted on Go Fund Me under Keep My Life Afloat.

https://www.gofundme.com/AskMrRelig...m_campaign=p_email+1137-update-supporters-v5b

Update 67
Posted by Patrick Reilly

21 days ago


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9).

How wonderful is our Lord and how mysterious to our finite minds. For over fifty years I have studied the Word of God and the works of the saints discussing the being and attributes of God (theology proper).

One would think that a half a century of devotion and dedication to learning about God that I would have a fair idea of who He **is**. Blessedly, I do not, for if I did then I would, in my arrogance, now be able to place God in the Dock and ask Him to give an account of Himself based upon all that **I** think and reason about His actions and providences.

Imagine the manifest arrogance that would ask God with the question in an accusative manner, "What have you done?" Rather we all just shut our mouths rather than deign to ask such a question.

In fifty years of study, prayer, and contemplation, I am confident that I have only scratched the surface of what it means to "know" who God is. I rest satisfied that only an approximation of the reality of God is possible, that I will never get answers to all that I want to know about **why** God does what He does. I rejoice that I know God is good and all that He does is good.

Indeed, God has been good to me; this I affirm unwaveringly. I may not like how the goodness of God is manifested in my life, but I must accept it and redirect my cross-examinations to my own walk of faith. I often do not like what I see from this introspection, revealing my own defects and deficiencies.

Please pray for me, my dear wife, and my wonderful son. Pray that we are drawn nearer to God, especially as I deal with the goodness laid at my feet by Him, no matter how God's actions remain inexplicable to our feeble minds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top