Atlanta Reformation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Truelove

Puritan Board Sophomore
To those in Atlanta and surrounding areas,

I am pleased to announce the launch of the Atlanta Reformation Society (ARS). Once firmly established, we desire the ARS to become the official Reformation Society in Atlanta of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals.

At the moment we are looking for our founding member churches. If you are in the area, I humbly ask you take a moment to look over the information on our Web site at Atlanta Reformation Society and consider joining with us in this work.

I am also available at any time should you have any questions. I can be contacted through the site.

Robert Truelove
Facilitator
Atlanta Reformation Society

Last edited:
Robert,

Quick question about your church. One place on your web site indicates you are unaffiliated, and another says something about being a member of Covenant Presbyterian Church.

Are you Presbyterian with plurality of elders and formality affiliated with a presbytery? What is "Covenant Presbyterian Church"?

Just curious.

What are the requirements for congregations that would like to join? Do they have to subscribe to a Confession?

Can churches like the CRC, RCA, PCUSA, etc. join?

I am curious and hopeful for the Atlanta area.

In answer to questions...

1. All that is required for a church to join the Atlanta Reformation Society is that they 'affirm' the Cambridge Declaration and an evangelical confession. To 'affirm' an evangelical confession is technically not the same as requiring a church to be officially confessional though most member churches will probably hold to one confession or another. Denominational affiliation is not a consideration one way or the other.

2. In regards to the church I pastor (which is a separate entity from the Atlanta Reformation Society)...no, we are not a member of the Covenant Presbyterian Church denomination. We are unaffiliated. The pages you referenced on our Web site had been overlooked and needed to be updated (I hope I found all the old references.). For information about why we left the Covenant Presbyterian Church, see Why I am no longer 'Prespastor' - The PuritanBoard though I'd prefer to deal with any questions pertaining to that in that thread versus this one to keep things on topic.

Christ Reformed Church is unaffiliated and elder governed and holds to the Westminster Confession of Faith. A good part of our zeal in helping establish the Atlanta Reformation Society comes from our desire to be working interdependently with other local area ministries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back