Audio File Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceU

Puritan Board Doctor
I need some help. I just found out that all of my sermons for the past six months have been recorded in WMA. Hey it's a great format, but it is worthless in Audacity. Do any of you know of a good Mac based conversion software that can convert to WAV. . . and is free? (I'm really cheap and broke.) I've tried Switch and it is a no go. Way to unstable, doesn't work 99% of the time anyway.

I have to get these things edited. Help!
 
If all else fails, burn it to a CD and then rip it from the CD, using iTunes. I think you can convert it to an MP3 through iTunes.
 
What to do

Plan A
If you only have a mac then:

Plan B
Or you can just ask the person who records your sermons (to use the pc being used to record it) to have every sermon burned to a CD (6 months= 25-26 Discs) as Audio CDs, Afterwards you can use your Mac's Itunes software to copy the contents as MP3 files.

Hope this helps :)
 
Thanks for the ideas fellows, but if you read the OP you will see that I've done pretty much all of your suggestions:

WinAMP: Windows only. I'm on a Mac.

ITunes will not convert ema on the mac platform.

Switch will not function properly after nine different attempts to install. This is no uncommon I have discovered.


Audacity is great software. I have used of for years. It will not recognize wma files. That is the whole issue.

I have shown the fellow how to record in mp3 and wav but that does not solve my problem with the last six months.

I sincerly hope I don't have to burn all of them and then rip. I am tryng to keep as much sound quality as possible.
 
Last edited:
Got it! I downloaded a demo of Music Man and did the whole batch in about two minutes.

Copy%20of%20manynanas.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top