Hello,
I am looking for audio resources (I am reading too many books at once already) on these issues:
- The perspicuity of scripture
- The supposed infallibility or maximalistic authority of human institutions
- The source of the canon of scripture
- Fancifull interpetations of scripture under pretence of allegory, secret codes etc
- The authority or lack theteof of human tradition
- The authority or lack theteof of men to appoint religious rites
- The authority or lack thereof of men to bind men to extrabiblical regulations
While my main reason for wanting to inquire deeper into these questions is the Rabbinical religion (basically the non-trinitarian mystical decendants of the pharisees), I am sure a lot of useful things will be found in responses to their cousins in Rome and Constantinople.
I am looking for audio resources (I am reading too many books at once already) on these issues:
- The perspicuity of scripture
- The supposed infallibility or maximalistic authority of human institutions
- The source of the canon of scripture
- Fancifull interpetations of scripture under pretence of allegory, secret codes etc
- The authority or lack theteof of human tradition
- The authority or lack theteof of men to appoint religious rites
- The authority or lack thereof of men to bind men to extrabiblical regulations
While my main reason for wanting to inquire deeper into these questions is the Rabbinical religion (basically the non-trinitarian mystical decendants of the pharisees), I am sure a lot of useful things will be found in responses to their cousins in Rome and Constantinople.