Auto Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I had to have some maintenance done on my car today. I must say, I've been blessed by the mechanic and shop I've done business with for more than ten years now. They're not necessarily less expensive than others, but the two guys who run the shop are honest, competent, and do the work right the first time. In an age where the whole concept of customer service is as dead as the dodo bird, that's not nothing.

The shop has been around since 1936. The two guys who work there now started out as employees. Now they own the business. (They're not just good mechanics, but they're good businessmen, too.)

As a bonus, the TV set in the small waiting area is always tuned to Fox News - so you know where these guys are, politically.

Honesty, competence, and looking out for the customer - where are you going to find that combination nowadays?

Anybody else on the PB have a good car guy? If you do - hang onto him!

As a bonus, the TV set in the small waiting area is always tuned to Fox News - so you know where these guys are, politically.
I guess. But that is not necessarily a plus.
Anybody else on the PB have a good car guy? If you do - hang onto him!
I do, and I will! I had some noise in my back brakes. I took it in to the place just around the corner from me, fully expecting to be putting some parts in. The guy was working on it, then came to the waiting room to tell me there was really nothing much wrong - just a bit of a warped drum. I asked him if he was sure, and so he took me out to show me how everything seemed OK. He had all the wheels off and showed me everything. He said that he would like to sell me something, but there was just nothing wrong with the brakes. Anyway, he put it all back together, and though I insisted on paying him for his time (he spent probably 30-45 minutes to take it apart and put it back together), he would not take a cent. He basically solidified my business right there.

There's a guy named "Bruce" in my area that I take my car to quite a bit. And why not!?! Best reason ever. Oh, and he's a professing Christian.

And hundreds of miles away in another state, my b-i-l is a mechanic by trade. He'd be my go-to-guy if I lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back