Baptism Dresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I have a new baby girl about to come into this world. Where do you grab baptismal dresses? The place where we grabbed one for the first baby girl is out of business.

I know I can search Amazon, but I would like to find an actual store to put my hands on the dress.

I live in the Houston Metro area if that helps.
 
My (staunchly Baptist) parents in law very kindly bought an outfit for our second son's (Presbyterian) baptism many years ago. They were quick to point out the laundry instructions on the label: "For immersion only...."
 
I live in the Houston Metro area if that helps.
Google turns up a number of places.

Precious Baby in Pasadena, Childrens and Bridal east of Downtown, Simply Perfect Baby on Katy Freeway between 610 and Sam Houston, Mundo Quinceria south of the Westpark Tollway, Sacco Company Catholic Store South of Downtown to pick a few of the results.

Christening Gowns on Katy Freeway if you are looking to spend big bucks.
 
Take a close look at how a gown is made. Expect prices to go up with heirloom-quality materials (usually all cotton, imported laces etc.) but you'll also have something that can be passed down through generations. With something longer, you'll likely want to change your baby at the church because modern carseats weren't designed for such things.
 
Ask your parents or in-laws for the baptism dress you or your wife were baptised in.

Ask one of your relatives who has some skill to remake the wedding dress into a baptism dress or look for a shop that can do it for you.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top