Baptismal Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Forge

Puritan Board Freshman
I am inquiring to know if every PCA church issues a baptismal certificate when baptizing someone? Or do they simply submit the information to local presbytery?
 
At my church we issue a baptismal certificate to the one being baptized (or to the parents, if a child), and we keep a digital copy of it for our records and is attached to the individual's profile in our ChMS, and we record the baptism in our Session minutes (which are submitted annually to the presbytery).
 
Our church issues baptismal certificates to the parents. Unlike Ben, I'm unable to provide a more comprehensive answer as to the process.
 
Our church issues baptismal certificates to the parents. Unlike Ben, I'm unable to provide a more comprehensive answer as to the process.
I was simply wondering as my daughters and I were baptized on 12/10/22 yet received nothing.
 
My children were baptized in a PCA church as well, I don't believe there are certificates given though. I've never heard it mentioned in our church.

I was simply wondering as my daughters and I were baptized on 12/10/22 yet received nothing.
Well, you received the sign and seal of God's covenant promises to you in Christ.

:D
 
I don’t think all of them do it. Both PCA churches I’ve been in gives out certificates. But all the session is required to do is keep accurate records of baptisms (BCO 12-8).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top