Begonias in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim Standard

Puritan Board Sophomore
I really love flowers and plants. In the winter time spending a few minutes taking care of them and watching them grow helps a bit with the seasonal blues I get. I thought I would share one with you.

View attachment 2601

Thanks, I love Begonias. Do you grow them in your house, or do you have a greenhouse?

My mom grew african violets for many years, along with roses and her daylilly farm. I always smile when I see an african violet, because it brings to mind my Mom walking into her growing room each day and giving a big cheery "Good Morning African Violets!" to her plants.

Last summer, I tucked strawberry begonias into a few pots for their leave color. On a whim, I brought them inside when we were expecting our first freeze. They have been blooming and thriving ever since! Though they don't have the prettier flowers of the other begonias like you have : )

Last summer, I tucked strawberry begonias into a few pots for their leave color. On a whim, I brought them inside when we were expecting our first freeze. They have been blooming and thriving ever since! Though they don't have the prettier flowers of the other begonias like you have : )
These are elatior begonias. There are many varieties that have superb foliage, the elatior is not necessarily one of them, but I do enjoy their flowers. We may propagate them in the future. I have been propagating various african violets saintpaulia for some time now. Super fun in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back