Berkhof’s New edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user98Luke

Puritan Board Freshman
Do we have any clue of when the new edition of Systematic Theology will be released? I have been watching on the Banner site for some time and can’t find anything about a date.

Friend, can you please include a signature per the signature rules. https://www.puritanboard.com/help/signature/

I am glad Banner are combining Berkhof's Introduction to Systematic Theology with his Systematic Theology. It will make this work doubly valuable.
Eerdman's beat Banner to it. I think Banner is reproducing the Eerdman's edition. Eerdsmans has also published a paperback edition of the book.

I think Banner is reproducing the Eerdman's edition.
I think Banner are just reproducing Berkhof's original two works. The Erdmans Ed includes Richard Muller's introductory essay to Berkhof's writings. I'm pretty sure Banner are not including that.

Also I think Banner's edition will have better binding.

I emailed Banner some months ago and suggested they include Berkhof's 'Introduction to Systematic Theology' with his 'Systematic Theology'. I am very pleased that they did this. As Muller's essay notes, Berkhof's 'Introduction to Systematic Theology' includes important theological material (Prolegomena) that should be included in a comprehensive ST.

Do we have any clue of when the new edition of Systematic Theology will be released? I have been watching on the Banner site for some time and can’t find anything about a date.
We have been waiting on it for some time. The American Banner office tends to never know when a title will arrive. I can tell you that we will have it on sale as soon as it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back