Best books on the freedom that comes from the Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Too often the law of GOD is viewed as opprisive and resitrictive but for the beleiver the law brings freedom, liberation and enjoyment. It is not cumbersome or burdensome because it has been put in the heart of a believer and reveals the true character of GOD and HIS standards.

So I am looking for books that touch on the law from this perspective.
Two that I have that deal with this are:
Samuel Bolton: True Bounds of Christian Freedom & Alistair Begg: Pathway to Freedom

Any others comes to mind?

Perhaps Law of Perfect Freedom: Relating to God and Others Through the Ten Commandments by Michael Horton? It has been a while since I read it so I cannot fully recommend it.

Perhaps Law of Perfect Freedom: Relating to God and Others Through the Ten Commandments by Michael Horton? It has been a while since I read it so I cannot fully recommend it.
I don't know if he revised it, but my understanding is that he took an anti-sabbatarian stance in that book, which was published before he went to WSCAL. (I've never read the book and am going by my recollection of what someone told me maybe 15 or more years ago.)

I don't know if he revised it, but my understanding is that he took an anti-sabbatarian stance in that book, which was published before he went to WSCAL. (I've never read the book and am going by my recollection of what someone told me maybe 15 or more years ago.)
That's unfortunate if true as I'm a very committed Sabbatarian. I read the book before I was so convinced and didn't remember that detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back