Best Greek New Testamente version

Status
Not open for further replies.

plandazuri

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello everybody,
I am taking a Greek class so I need to buy a Greek New Testament.
Could you pls. share which version you think is the best one for learning purposes?
Thanks.

UBS Greek Reader's Edition (Paperback)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/UBS-Greek-New-Testament-Greek-English/dp/1598563572/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257875711&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: The UBS Greek New Testament: A Reader's Edition : Greek Bible Text / Running Greek-English Dictionary (German Bible Society) (9781598563573): Barbara Aland, Kurt Aland, Johannes Karavidopoulos, Carlo Maria Martini, Bruce M. Metzger: Books[/ame]

As others have said, your professor’s preference will rule. Don’t be surprised if he insists you not use a Reader’s edition. Many teachers see the definitions at the bottom of the page as one level of malevolence below an interlinear. Using the most accurate text will (and should) eventually be important to you, but early on you need something you’re comfortable reading more than anything else.

I’d recommend the (long-superseded) UBS1 (1966). It has 1) large, well-spaced text, 2) a readable font (like OCT or Loeb editions), 3) high-quality, opaque paper, and 4) a binding that allows it to lay flat while you read it *or* while you look something up. From UBS2 on down, the paper became very thin, and in UBS4 the font became thin and spidery as well.

Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back