darrellmaurina
Puritan Board Junior
I've seen a baby baptism by full immersion in a Reformed church. The parents involved were former Baptists who had become convinced of infant baptism but not of sprinkling.
I'm fine with that and a case can be made that it is part of the historic practice of the church. Unnecessary? I believe so. But a case can be made for it.
I'm fine with that and a case can be made that it is part of the historic practice of the church. Unnecessary? I believe so. But a case can be made for it.
RE Heb. 2:16
Beza was of a certain opinion, many Greek scholars are obviously of another. None of the previously shown contextual and lingual indicators supporting the majority view have been shown erroneous.
Especially, I'm sure Presbyterians will agree, when he says things like "Nor does βαπτίζειν signify to wash, except by consequence; for it properly signifies to immerse for the sake of imbuing. [...] Christ commanded us to be baptized, by which word it is certain that immersion is signified. [etc.]"![]()