Birthday money..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PresbyDane

Puritanboard Doctor
I have put my birthday money in my draw and there is a little over 100$ and I would like some advice on how to spend it.
What good books would you buy if you had 100$?
:think:
 
If I didn't have them, Turretin's Institutes of Elenctic Theology: with shipping, that will pretty much do it.
 
I really have to agree with py3ak! He is said to be the calvin of Calvin. I would get his stuff but I'm afraid it would go over my head and that's a lot of money to spend if I won't understand it. But I would buy it if I were you.
 
I really have to agree with py3ak! He is said to be the calvin of Calvin. I would get his stuff but I'm afraid it would go over my head and that's a lot of money to spend if I won't understand it. But I would buy it if I were you.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but maybe if it would go over your head, maybe I will not get it either :lol:
 
I really have to agree with py3ak! He is said to be the calvin of Calvin. I would get his stuff but I'm afraid it would go over my head and that's a lot of money to spend if I won't understand it. But I would buy it if I were you.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but maybe if it would go over your head, maybe I will not get it either :lol:

No, no! Men are much better at intellectual things on the whole than women. Maybe there's a site where you could read some of his stuff for free and see how it goes.
 
Ok excuse my ignorance but who was Turretin? I tried to look him up on Wikipedia. Actually it was an interesting search. The three options were: Benoit Turretin, Jean Alphonse Turretin and Francis Turretin.

Benoit Turretin

"He was ordained a pastor in Geneva in 1612, and became professor of theology in 1618."

Jean Alphonse Turretin

"... he became pastor of the Italian congregation, and in 1697 professor of church history, and later (1705) of theology."

"During the next forty years of his life he enjoyed great influence in Geneva as the advocate of a more liberal theology than had prevailed under the preceding generation, and it was largely through his instrumentality that the rule obliging ministers to subscribe to the Helvetic Consensus was abolished in 1706, and the Consensus itself renounced in 1725."

Or...

Francis Turretin

"... known as ... one of the authors of the Helvetic Consensus, which defended the formulation of double predestination from the Synod of Dort and the verbal inspiration of the Bible."

Okay I think it is the last one. So a Turretin wrote the Helvetic Consensus and a Turretin ripped it up :rolleyes: that must have confused the news reporters of the time.
 
He did not like his father, that goes to show you that you need to take good care of your children first and foremost. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top