Boo to Facebook!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by bookslover, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seajayrice

seajayrice Puritan Board Sophomore

Your facebook data is not hidden from those that can purchase your "private" information. Your privacy settings are germane to fb users not the folks that buy consumer data. Anyone that can access fb data (legally or otherwise) has access to your entire fb world (this includes fb customers). When you begin getting solicitations on your 4g phone, guess how they got your phone number if not from the carrier!

2. Skyler

Skyler Puritan Board Graduate

I was kidding. We weren't friends to begin with.

But I think it's funny that you collect peoples' personal data on your hard drive too. Want to swap databases?

edit: Wow. That was weird. Like a dozen identical posts.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Scottish Lass

Scottish Lass Puritan Board Doctor

Yes, we share all passwords. While it may break the letter of the law/rule, I'm pretty sure it doesn't break the spirit of it. Their motivation for including that rule is not to foster secrets between spouses but to minimize malicious use (an ex posting a status that costs the other ex a job, for example).

4. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

well, exes are made from spouses. since they don't say, "except for someone you trust," you can't be sure they'd be OK with that. if you got caught, they'd have the rights to terminate your service. but i don't think you are sinning.

5. Scottish Lass

And the exes should have the sense to change all passwords, too. i think the biblical mandates and motivation trump the letter of the rule, but, yes, I would be willing to have my service terminated.

6. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

rat. brains.

7. Scottish Lass

:eek: :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.