Book Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I understand that the third and final volume of Albert N. Martin's Pastoral Theology is to be published this month.

Also, Greg Nichols has published the first three volumes of what has been announced to be a seven-volume systematic theology. Volume 3 was published two years ago. My impression is that that project has ground to a halt. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I read half of the first volume of the Pastoral Theology. Such a fitting capstone for the life of this servant of God. May the Lord cause that work bear fruit in generations of pastors to come. And as he is now a old man (mid eighties), please remember him in prayer.

I read half of the first volume of the Pastoral Theology. Such a fitting capstone for the life of this servant of God. May the Lord cause that work bear fruit in generations of pastors to come. And as he is now a old man (mid eighties), please remember him in prayer.

It really is the grace of God at work, in that he was able to finish and publish volumes two and three despite having had a stroke just as volume two was being readied for the press.

I understand that the third and final volume of Albert N. Martin's Pastoral Theology is to be published this month.

Also, Greg Nichols has published the first three volumes of what has been announced to be a seven-volume systematic theology. Volume 3 was published two years ago. My impression is that that project has ground to a halt. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Perhaps @Regi Addictissimus can shed some light on the status of the Greg Nichols project?

Pastoral Theology is THE pastoral theology now - we are reading through it at College and have finished volume 2 - awaiting with expectation volume 3.

I haven't much light to shed, but as of last I heard from his editor, Greg Nichols was still plugging along. I think the complex density of the material coupled with becoming an interim pastor makes the going slow, but AFIK it is going.
The material is beyond me--to much greek and hebrew in there, but I'm curious what others think about it.

The last I heard was that volume three is complete or very close to completion. I will ask about the status and report back. It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back