I have read the first and last, and each is excellent, and worth your while studying. I don't know the Gerrish book, but I've read others by him to good profit.
Make sure you don't forget to read the primary source, Calvin himself. Here are the obvious places. Others may have references which are a less obvious.
Institutes: Book 4: chapters 14, 17, 18
1 Corinthians Commentary chapter 11:17-33 (In the BakerBooks edition it's page 363-395)
Harmony of the Evangelists Commentary (BakerBooks: 202-215)
Thanks for all the replies. I've actually got Calvin's Institutes and Barkhof's Systematic THeology and other sources. I think I'll get Mathison's and Wallace's books as well.
Thanks for all the replies. I've actually got Calvin's Institutes and Barkhof's Systematic THeology and other sources. I think I'll get Mathison's and Wallace's books as well.
Whilst not what you were asking for, you may wish to read Thomas Cranmer on the Lord's Supper. His key work is A defence of the true and Catholike doctrine of the Sacrament of the body and bloud of our Saviour Christ. It is usually sold as "The Lord's Supper" and can be found 3/4 of the way down here.
Or you could take the bull by the horns and get this which contains his work just mentioned plus more
You can read the Consensus Tigurinus and the Second Swiss Confession, both of which address the Lord's Supper and were signed by Calvin, in this thread.