Books on teaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkortus

Puritan Board Freshman
As I Timothy 3 indicates, ministers/elders must be apt to teach. I have a good number of books on preaching, but none on teaching. Does anyone have recommendations for books on teaching? Either secular or Christian? Although preferably from a Christian perspective. Im especially looking for books on teaching children - the type an educator might draw from.
 
While not explicitly Christian, Gilbert Highet's "Art of Teaching" is excellent. Dated in some parts no doubt, but I found it helpful and inspiring when I thought I was going to be a teacher.
 
Rediscovering Catechism by Donald Van Dyken is an outstanding work that should be relevant to your inquiry.
 
Rediscovering Catechism by Donald Van Dyken is an outstanding work that should be relevant to your inquiry.

I actually just finished reading this excellent book yesterday. It is part of the reason I requested recommendations for books on teaching. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to read other books along the same lines.

For those who have not read Rediscovering Catechism, I too strongly recommend it.
 
Excellent! I'm glad that book is getting read.

You might look into Dorothy Sayers, The Lost Tools of Learning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top