Books on Amillenialism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason F.

Puritan Board Freshman
I've long held to historic premillennialism, but after some questioning, studying Scripture and reading Riddlebarger's "A Case for Amillenialism", I'm starting to lean amillennial. I'm new to the site and I'm sure it's been done already, but I would appreciate any other book recommendations on this topic.

I picked up Riddlebarger's book earlier this year. It's next on my list after I wrap up the Institutes this month.

I read Triumph of the Lamb. While I enjoyed it, I don't agree with his view that either most of the events have already happened or they will see fulfillment only symbolically. I hold to more of a futurist view. Any suggestions for a commentary on Revelation that allows for the possibility that some elements (antichrist, great tribulation) will be fulfilled in the future?

Hello Jason @Jason F.,

Where in Triumph of the Lamb did you get the idea that Johnson says most of the events in Revelation "have already happened or they will see fulfillment only symbolically"? Johnson does see Antichrist and a greatly intensified tribulation at the very end of the age – particularly in Armageddon / the final and global war against the saints.

You might be interested in this, an excerpted section from a book I wrote:

Attachments

• Babylon — In End Times Eschatology.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back