Called Meeting of ARP General Synod Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a great deal of information about this.

Is it public knowledge what the recommendations are?

Scott, I believe that's pretty much of the intent of the meeting--to present their recommendations. It's been pretty hush-hush, I think. Please pray for the meeting in general, and for Tim in particular, as the meeting is roughly a week before I'm due to give birth to Grace...

Not to mention they decided to schedule this called meeting for the same days as our regular meeting of presbytery. What a mess.

I'm sure this will be a decisional time greatly used of God.

My sense is it will be about rescuing the errancy of a seminary, and that can have denomination wide impact.

Please keep us appropriately and seasonably apprised so we may pray most effectively.

Benjamin, I think MVP is considering tacking theirs on to the end of Synod and just staying at Bonclarken another 24 hours or so, since everyone is already gathered. Would that be an option for y'all?

. A special meeting of the General Synod may be called only at a time of emergency . . .

According to your polity, this must be really BIG! I pray that you will be as successful in returning your schools to their original footing as Al Mohler was with his.

Yes, the dates for the special meeting of Synod have now been moved to Tuesday/Wednesday, March 2-3. So we are going to have our presbytery meeting on Monday and Tuesday per usual, just at Bonclarken instead of the original location.

Logistically, this is turning into a nightmare. We may have a problem now getting the necessary number of REs to constitute a quorum. Portions of I-40 (the main way to get to NC from our side) are closed down with construction and will hamper travel. Meals and other concerns will be a problem. But God is good, and may He be praised as in all things.

We discussed this at our elder's meeting last Monday. It would be nice to be able do a video conference to settle this matter.

I have no clue what the matter is or why the hush-hush, but I will pray for the meeting to go well and the matter gets settled.

Unfortunately since I was not a Ruling Elder at last summer's Synod I am not eligible to be counted as an RE at this Special Meeting.

I was hoping to help with numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back