Calling all Arborists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil D.

ὁ βαπτιστὴς
So, we have a variety of trees on our property, most of which are readily identifiable - Sugar Maples, Black Hills Spruce, Ponderosa Pine. Then there's this little guy that we haven't been able to identify... It's about 12 ft. tall, and has no blossoms/berries/fruit. Anyone HERE (nod to JW...) know what kind of tree this may be?

IMG_8014.jpeg IMG_8015.jpeg

Bradford Pear too young to blossom? Common to gardens in North America and invasive in wet climates.

Last edited:
I also use an app. Of your picture mine says Perfumed Cherry AKA mahaleb cherry or St Lucie cherry.

However, upon further inspection all these leaves look the same. The Bradford Pear suggestion could be right.

Last edited:
Thanks all! I've always thought it looks like some kind of fruit tree, yet there are various factors both pro and con when it comes to identifying it as any particular species. The total absence of blooms or fruit is mystifying. From what I can tell the tree is probably around 15 years old, so mature enough to bear fruit, and it gets full sunlight. The soil doesn't seem poor, but next spring I may try applying some phosphorus fertilizer to see if it will help induce some sort of blooms...

Do Bradford pears ever actually produce pears? Here in Alabama I haven’t seen that, but may have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back