Calories burned by walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebrexan

Puritan Board Freshman
Here's a very small Excel spreadsheet I designed to help me know how many pounds I could lose by getting off the couch and walking x minutes per week at varying rates. It's based on the information from this page and other formulas. I hope you don't need it, but if you do, I hope you find it helpful and motivating.
 
David, thanks for posting the spreadsheet. It is helpful in adding to the reasons I should get out and exercise more. There's really no excuse for me not to take a brisk walk 5 or 6 days a week.
 
Very helpful! Could you put together a similar spreadsheet showing how many calories are burned by reading Calvin when you should be sleeping?
 
Nebrexan:
Thanks for posting the chart, one question the weight only goes to 200 lbs what if you way more? Is there a chart that goes above 250lbs for the big boys?
 
Nebrexan:
Thanks for posting the chart, one question the weight only goes to 200 lbs what if you way more? Is there a chart that goes above 250lbs for the big boys?

John, absolutely. If you open it in Excel (or Open Office, or ...), you should be able to enter any number you want for the weight (and walking minutes per week). After you press Enter, all the other numbers will (or should) be recalculated for that weight.
 
Interesting numbers. I walk from moderate to very brisk speeds for 4 to 8 hours a days, depending on how long I am scheduled to work. As a courtesy clerk at Safeway, all I do all day is walk around quickly and help people. So, that's 1200 to 2400 calories a day. Wow.

At this point I would prefer to just run after work for athletic training, not weight loss. However, my knees hurt after my long days, so it's difficult to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top