Can Satan use a mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_rose

Puritan Board Freshman
Soo... I got really excited about some theological stuff today and, and, I'm still pretty excited, but not as much as I was two minutes ago.. You see.. There's a mouse in our house, and I'm pretty sure I just heard it scratching at the wall behind my bed...

@_____@

Just a really random, almost silly question, but is it possible Satan's using the mouse to detract from my joy right now..?

(You can laugh if need be, I am a-ok with that.)

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Also, I didn't know where to put this really.. I figured it was more general than anything. >.>'
 
I think it's more productive to ask how God is using the mouse. Whether Satan is using it or no, God's purpose behind letting him do it is more important In my humble opinion.
 
Very true. Something about the mouse will end up bringing Glory to God, one way or another... Hmm...
 
Very true. Something about the mouse will end up bringing Glory to God, one way or another... Hmm...

I've wondered the same thing sometimes about how much power Satan has and how important it is for us as Christians to know what all Satan is capable of. I'm of the opinion that Satan is God's devil, he has exactly as much power as God gives him, and it is important for us as Christians to know that Satan is only capable of what God lets him do. That turns our focus back to God, where it really should be. Because, ultimately, we know that everything that happens to us as Christians is for our good and for God's glory, regardless of whether it's a miracle He works on our behalf or whether it's something He allows the Devil or one of his angels to do to us.
 
Can Satan use a mouse?

Last week I destroyed a small travel mouse with retractable cord. It clicked when I didn't want it to and didn't click when I did.

I was thinking it might be possessed, but it was probably only a lesser daemon.
 
Having a live rodent in the wall is not nearly as bad as having a dead rodent in the wall.
 
Mouse? Pesky vermin. We once had what turned out to be a 200 lb honeycomb in the wall behind our bed. The scratching noise had us convinced that we had a mouse/rat family in the wall. Imagine our surprise to find out it was a hive of honeybees!

Satan using a mouse? Maybe, but not his usual M.O. He will get much further with fashion magazines, reality television shows, teen entertainment, and annoying family members.

As for Satan using dumb animals . . . one of my fundamentalist church members (who personally believed in the Gap theory of Creation) asked me this one in an "Ask the Pastor Q&A" a couple of decades ago: "Pastor, is it true that Satan created the dinosaurs?"

With my very best feigned seriousness, I replied: "NO, of course not! Everybody knows that Satan created . . . cats." [badda bing]
 
Having a live rodent in the wall is not nearly as bad as having a dead rodent in the wall.
I think it depends on size. We have a thriving population of mice to be heard galloping about in the walls at night. Mice being short-lived, it stands to reason they must be dying regularly, but you would never know. It might be different with rats.
 
Satan is a judoka (judo practicioner). In judo, you use whatever your opponent gives you in balance, momentum, or leverage, and you take your opponent in whatever direction is convenient for the purpose of taking him down. The devil (and more properly the devil and his minions) will use whatever opportunity and object he can in order to cause us to sin.

While I'm not quite sure that Satan is playing Mickey here, I also don't put anything past him.

And as was stated before, Satan does nothing outside of God's awareness, sovereignty, and foreordination, so remember that even the devil's efforts work out for God's glory and for our good.

BTW, if you want to go the route of satan-influenced animals, let me suggest the opossum....Monsters, they are!!! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top