Candle in window for Israel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rabbinists make almost everything superstitious. Washing hands can be a religious act with a liturgical prayer attached to it. Baking. The clothes they wear. Anything they do on a holiday. Literally everything. Those friends are ignorant at best. Remember that "hashem" is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is a non-trinitarian, false god. I say that as someone who is guilty of violations of the 1st and 2nd commandments in this regard myself. "Little children, flee from idolatry".
If the OT uses the term Hashem in reference to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, it is not a different God. Hashem literally means "the name." The problem is that the Jews reject the apostolic doctrines of Jesus and the New Testament writings as God-breathed Scripture.

If the OT uses the term Hashem in reference to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, it is not a different God. Hashem literally means "the name." The problem is that the Jews reject the apostolic doctrines of Jesus and the New Testament writings as God-breathed Scripture.
Hashem is not really used in the OT. It is used today as a euphemism for Jehovah due to their interpretation of the third commandment. I used it since it is one of the most common phrases they use not used as a name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in scripture. It is no different then talking about the Muslim god as "Allah". The word technically means God, but used like that, in English, it can be used to distinguish the true God from Muhhamad's god.

Hashem is not really used in the OT. It is used today as a euphemism for Jehovah due to their interpretation of the third commandment. I used it since it is one of the most common phrases they use not used as a name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in scripture. It is no different then talking about the Muslim god as "Allah". The word technically means God, but used like that, in English, it can be used to distinguish the true God from Muhhamad's god.
Yes, I get it that the Jews reject the Trinity, Jesus, and the NT. But do Messianic Jews reject them?

Yes, I get it that the Jews reject the Trinity, Jesus, and the NT. But do Messianic Jews reject them?
That is a very diffrent question, and would depend on the defenition of messianic Jew. I believe a majority beleives these doctrines, though there are nontrinitrians and the like.

Messianic Jews do not believe Jesus is God only that he is the Son of God. There are other issues as well. Messianic Jews just like orthodox and liberal Jews are not saved hence pagan.

Messianic Jews do not believe Jesus is God only that he is the Son of God. There are other issues as well. Messianic Jews just like orthodox and liberal Jews are not saved hence pagan.
Messianic Jews is a term so general it is almost meaningless. It would perhaps be more accuate to say either:
Some Messianic Jews do not believe Jesus is God only that he is the Son of God. There are other issues as well. Those Messianic Jews are just like orthodox and liberal Jews are not saved hence pagan.
Or:
Significant Segments of Messianic Judaism do not believe Jesus is God only that he is the Son of God. There are other issues as well. Those Messianic Jews just like orthodox and liberal Jews are not saved hence pagan.

I thought Messianic Jews accepted the Trinity?
Not all of them. I don't think they're a unified, systematized group. Some accept and others reject the trinity. I believe what makes one a messianic Jew is belief that Jesus is the Messiah.
This video:
explains it well. The narrator is a Jewish Presbyterian who says that he specifically does not call himself a messianic Jew. Just a heads up, he is playing video games in the background, but I do think the narration is informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back