Candlish on Genesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddpedlar

Iron Dramatist
Does anyone know anything about the edition of Candlish's exposition of Genesis that was put out by Sovereign Grace Publishers? Is it the full thing, or an abridgment? I ask because it's mentioned on their website as being only 500 pages long, whereas I know that the work is quite significant in length - and expected something more like 2 volumes of this size. Is it, perhaps, a 2-column version?
 
My edition (Kregel) is 844 pages. The pages have fairly large print, and Sovereign Grace is known to print in much smaller type-face. Therefore, I would not be at all surprised if it were the full length, but I do not know for certain.
 
I think I have the sovereign grace edition. It is ultra-fine print. I don't believe it is abridged.

I hate the edition, but barring a free replacement, I will never give it away. He's too good.
 
I think I have the sovereign grace edition. It is ultra-fine print. I don't believe it is abridged.

I hate the edition, but barring a free replacement, I will never give it away. He's too good.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it - the price was right, and I've heard too many good things about his exposition to pass it up.

Is the primary issue the too-tiny print? I've got other SGP books and they seem nicely enough bound.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top