Caroline on Reformed Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
An interview with Caroline Weerstra is now available on Reformed Forum! It discusses the early connection between Peniel Bible Conference and the OPC. It's well worth listening to. I especially love some of the points she made about God leading them differently than they thought. Available here.

Thank you for sharing; that was an extremely interesting and edifying podcast. Congratulations to Caroline on the publication of her article; I look forward to reading them at the earliest opportunity. Our friends at Reformed Forum really do know how to host a great podcast. :up:

Episodes like these are what make Reformed Forum so great; I had never heard of the Peniel camp before and I never would have thought, "I wonder if there has ever been a Methodist-Holiness Bible camp started by teenage girls that ended up becoming an OPC congregation? I should Google that..."

One interesting idea among many that came up: Dr. Muether (I believe) said something like "...And wanting to establish credibility, they decided that a man should go to seminary to be trained...". How foreign that idea that is today; the modern evangelical might instead say something like, "Wanting to build my brand and capture an audience, I decided to launch BIGcheesePASTOR.com and sign a platform publishing deal with BIGTIME PUBLISHER X."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back