Films on important Reformed figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiu

Puritan Board Junior
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this question but I couldn't find another area close to the subject of my question. I watched this video a while ago on pbs: [video=youtube;nANzdoWpUKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANzdoWpUKg[/video]
after watching it I was interested if there are any other such videos out there that covers topics close to the Reformation and after up to the time of the end of the Puritans. It can be on the churches or major figures, for example Whitefield or Edwards in Puritanism, etc.

There's the film Luther. I thought it was quite good, but I couldn't comment on its accuracy, as I still haven't read a great deal about Martin Luther. I don't know of any documentaries however, if that's what you're after.

Check out Puritan Picks

Here is a link for Puritan Picks . You will find movies in this section that cover historical figures, but it is still a limited selection because the section has multiple movies that cover the same historical figure (i.e. Martin Luther); not that that is a bad thing. However, you will find movies about John Wycliffe, Jonathan Edwards, and John Calvin which should be enjoyable and helpful.

Also if you cannot afford the monthly fee, at least you will have a starting point to find the movie title to be able to purchase.

There's the film Luther. I thought it was quite good, but I couldn't comment on its accuracy, as I still haven't read a great deal about Martin Luther. I don't know of any documentaries however, if that's what you're after.

Extraordinarily accurate, down to the fact that he was rather slender in his early years.

The Hus and Wycliffe movies are both quite enjoyable, as is the original Martin Luther (I can't stand the new one, but maybe it's because I've got the old 1952 version emblazoned in my memory). Cromwell also is a fantastic movie, though it doesn't really deal so much with the Puritans as it might have.

Hey guys thanks for all the input. Those all look really good especially the Puritan picks.

-----Added 12/4/2009 at 05:01:38 EST-----

Oh I forgot to mention it technically can be a movie not only a documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back