So this is a personal question I was wondering if we can cry Abba Father can we converse with God about every thought that crosses our mind as we talk to our friends(about secular topics as well) or as we talk to our parents
Before I was saved when I didn't really understand the majesty or sovereignty of God and talked to a god my own mind made up because I wasn't informed by Scripture
But if we talk to God like a friend can we like talk about every single secular topic as well
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
— Ecclesiastes 5:2
Coz when I stand before a king I mostly wouldn't reveal everything to him but would try to be as formal as possible, not so with a friend(and Abraham is called God's friend Is 41:8) with whom we discuss all kinds of things
Apart from adoration, confession and thanksgiving, petitions and supplications are these prayers acceptable?
Like talking to God about every single thing that crosses our mind/about how our day went/random secular topics etc. without losing our reverence and fear for Him as transcendent King of Kings and Lord of Lords Only Wise God dwelling in unapproachable light
Brothers what do y'all think about these things? please help me and give me more understanding on this!
Before I was saved when I didn't really understand the majesty or sovereignty of God and talked to a god my own mind made up because I wasn't informed by Scripture
But if we talk to God like a friend can we like talk about every single secular topic as well
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
— Ecclesiastes 5:2
Coz when I stand before a king I mostly wouldn't reveal everything to him but would try to be as formal as possible, not so with a friend(and Abraham is called God's friend Is 41:8) with whom we discuss all kinds of things
Apart from adoration, confession and thanksgiving, petitions and supplications are these prayers acceptable?
Like talking to God about every single thing that crosses our mind/about how our day went/random secular topics etc. without losing our reverence and fear for Him as transcendent King of Kings and Lord of Lords Only Wise God dwelling in unapproachable light
Brothers what do y'all think about these things? please help me and give me more understanding on this!