Changing the Subject

  • Thread starter Thread starter JM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
The last two weeks I've been talking with a brother about the doctrines of grace. His background is Open Brethren and he is strongly Arminian and Dispensational. Last week we spent a total of 6 hours pouring over the scriptures and he was really getting it, he said he agreed with all that we had gone over. Last night we went for a walk and talked about it for another 2 hours but this time he was extremely hostile to the doctrines of grace.

I'd like to ask for your prayers as we continue to discuss these issues but I'd also like to ask, where do we go from here? What topic should we study and talk about now?

Thank you.

j
 
Praying. On my long journey from fundamentalism to the doctrines of grace, I took a short (a year or so) stop with the brethren. At least in the groups where I was involved (I was involved first with a closed brethren group, and then an open group), they seemed to have some understanding of what Jesus did for us and worship. These could be places to start with him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top