Reformingstudent
Puritan Board Junior
Can anyone who believes as Charles Finney did go to Heaven?
I never realized what a heretic Finney truly was and how much he denied the imputed righteousness of Christ to the believer. Can any have true saving faith if they deny imputed righteousness along with the idea of original sin? I know a lot of people feel that Finney was the greatest man
(next to Paul) who ever preached the gospel and my father in-law is one of them. He likes to see himself as another Finney as he preaches at his church trying to get converts to come to the altar.
What hope is there for those like him who will not accept the truth or even wish to listen to it?
I never realized what a heretic Finney truly was and how much he denied the imputed righteousness of Christ to the believer. Can any have true saving faith if they deny imputed righteousness along with the idea of original sin? I know a lot of people feel that Finney was the greatest man
(next to Paul) who ever preached the gospel and my father in-law is one of them. He likes to see himself as another Finney as he preaches at his church trying to get converts to come to the altar.
What hope is there for those like him who will not accept the truth or even wish to listen to it?