Chess Open Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieJ

Puritan Board Junior
cpj5117 (that's me) is accepting all chess challenges on gameknot.com

If you win, I shall read a book of your choosing (that's PB style incentive).
 
I'm terrible at chess, but to plant an idea in some chess master's head, how about Richard Baxter's Chrisitan directory? :D

Naw, make it painful- like 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' or something by Rick Warren...

Theognome

I read one of the Chicken Soup books in middle school....don't ask me why. :duh:

It's painful and kills brain cells. I came out slightly dumber after reading that. :p
 
Last edited:
"The Existence and Attributes of God" by Stephen Charnock. Deep enough to float a cruiser and nearly as massive as a Webster's Unabridged Dictionary.
 
Lane,
I hope this challenge is not over....I just challenged you on gameknot. I'm rpavich there.

While I'm waiting, I'll think of a really good book.... :eek:
 
I love chess but don't have anyone to play with so I am not very good. Anyone want to play a newbie and get some free rating points? :) I primarily want to learn.

My username is AThornquist
 
A,
I would be happy to play you...

Have you tried chess dot com?

In my opinion it has a better interface and lot's a free instructional stuff to help..

my name there is rpavich as well as at the gameknot site.

-----Added 8/26/2009 at 05:11:47 EST-----

Is anyone gonna cheer me on?

Greenbaggins is about to take a pawn and check me....

I NEED A CHEERING SECTION!! I DON'T WANT TO READ YOUR BEST LIFE NOW!!
 
No, I haven't tried chess dot com. Before gameknot (which I just registered on today) I have only played a couple chess matches on Yahoo. And I accept your challenge!

*waits patiently for the beat-down*
 
Lane,
I'm doing horribly, I can really play better...I don't know why it's going this way...it looks like there's no danger of you having to read T.D. Jakes book in the near future.... :um:
 
I'm having fun, guys. So far I haven't lost, but Lane is tough, and my current game in particular looks pretty deadlocked.

Andrew, I may challenge you to an unrated game (my rating is going down b/c of playing with 1200s :P ) and we can talk about technique as we play.

The challenge is still open for anyone who wants it.
 
Just to keep everyone apprised of the situation: Lane walloped me soundly...but he graciously gave me another chance...

And I DO have a copy of The Purpose Driven Life" with his name on it!
 
Have fun. My kids all beat me so I would not even try.

By the way they love four way chess when they can get four players. The board is a normal square with two rows for the pieces on all four sides. And you can play teams or alone. With four sets of men on the board it sure gets hard and fun. I think you can play that online too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top