Christ among the lampstands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan Sailor

Puritan Board Doctor
Rev. 1:12, 13, 20
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man,

20The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

I've just been reflecting alot about the soveriegnty of God and the state of teh Church today, so riddled with error. I noted this passage in Revelation which traditionally has been used to comfort persecuted Christians because Christ is in the midst of the church preserving her. And yet He also threatens to remove a lampstand as well.

I just wonder, why does Jesus allow error and heresy to spread throughout His church? How is God glorified by the sins of His people? I'm not doubting Christianity or anything like that, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the apparent apostacy in evangelicalism today in light of Christ's concern for His bride.

I just wonder, why does Jesus allow error and heresy to spread throughout His church? How is God glorified by the sins of His people? I'm not doubting Christianity or anything like that, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the apparent apostacy in evangelicalism today in light of Christ's concern for His bride.

Hmm.....The only thing that comes to mind with regards to why God allows such apostacy among His covenant people is Deut 13:1-5 and "He is like a refiner's fire." Also, not everyone who calls themself a covenant keeper is one.

[Edited on 7-13-2005 by youthevang]

[Edited on 7-13-2005 by youthevang]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back