Christmas cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
I got this in my e-mail and thought I would share it with anyone who might want to consider sending a Christmas Card...

This is coming early (really early) so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.
Read on........

What a GREAT idea! Fun with the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)

Wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS? Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year. As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN, card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world. Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it!

Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude.

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions.

So spend 39 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone.

Also tell them that there is no such thing as a "Holiday Tree". . . . It's a Christmas Tree even in the fields!!

Too early; most of us reputable holy day opposers do not come out to do battle till after Thanksgiving.;)

Originally posted by NaphtaliPress
Too early; most of us reputable holy day opposers do not come out to do battle till after Thanksgiving.;)

Yes, but there's always us un-reputable opposers to watch out for. :cool:

Originally posted by Chad Degenhart

:lol:

Sense of humors like these are why I stick around...;):lol:

And some of us "un-reputable" opposers end up spending more time discussing our annual implementation of studied disregard for said occasion than most of you do preparing for your festivities. :banghead:

That reminds me Chris, I got my 2006 CPJ about 3 weeks ago. Typical military mail to Okinawa, it took that long to get here.

It's really good and the ironic thing is that the article on Christian Liberty dealt with this issue. Very good article BTW. I'm about 100 pages into the CPJ now. Quality stuff.

Thank you Rich. I think it has been fairly well received; at least those who have said anything have said nice things.:) It was a nice mix of material I think too; and would like to see Dr. Delivuk do more writing. I am particularly happy with articles, in two issues now, on in thesi deliverances as that remains an important church polity topic. The RPW survey seems to be the most surprising to folks, that there is that much literature (surprised the authors too). But Dr. Clark's article still has the most buzz I think. Someone evidently liked the issue enough to walk out with Westminster Seminary, Ca.'s copy and we are arranging a replacement. Must have been some FV guy who didn't want to pay for his own copy.;) We may need to do something on the eighth commandment next year.:) I jest a bit; hopefully it was not stolen intentionally but misplaced or lost.
Originally posted by SemperFideles

That reminds me Chris, I got my 2006 CPJ about 3 weeks ago. Typical military mail to Okinawa, it took that long to get here.

It's really good and the ironic thing is that the article on Christian Liberty dealt with this issue. Very good article BTW. I'm about 100 pages into the CPJ now. Quality stuff.

Originally posted by jaybird0827

And some of us "un-reputable" opposers end up spending more time discussing our annual implementation of studied disregard for said occasion than most of you do preparing for your festivities. :banghead:

This is why I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should bite the bullet...I haven't decided if I want to be reputable or unreputable this year...:lol:

Originally posted by BJClarkAlso tell them that there is no such thing as a "Holiday Tree". . . . It's a Christmas Tree even in the fields!!
Actually, we call them Nimrods here ;)

You're heart is dear, Bobbie...it's tempting, but it would end up being the only card I send out.

LadyFlynt,

I wasn't even paying attention to the comments about the trees, but only considered the aspect of sending one telling them of Christ's love, in which God could use as a means to reach out to maybe one person He's trying to reach for Himself, or use it to as a means to harden a heart even more.

[Edited on 9-15-2006 by BJClark]

LadyFlynt,

Well, it is something I will be praying about for myself.

I won't say it's tempting to do so, because I don't see it as an act of trying to flood their mail system as mentioned as the motivation in the e-mail, which is not Christ-like, but more as a desire to share Christ with the lost.

And in that, a card could be sent at anytime of the year to do that, and I will follow the Lead of the Holy Spirit on my heart.

[Edited on 9-15-2006 by BJClark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back