Church in Wilmington

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianScientist

Inactive User
I'll be on a 2 month secondment from the UK to the US in September - October this year. Can anybody recommend a good church near Wilmington, Delaware?

James

Wilmington Delaware is boring. How did you get there??????????? you might as well drive to Philly. But I bet there are some good churches in Newark DE, which is about 10-15 minutes from Wilmington.

Pine Valley Baptist Church, since he appears to be Baptist. Good, strong preaching and a church that loves evangelism without getting yuppy. In a college town, that's especially hard to find.

Thanks Jeremy and Andrew,
I'd checked out the web, and flagged up the OPC as a possible one to visit. Jeremy is right though, I'd rather spend time with a Baptist church- if I could find one that was consciously Bible based, and not dispensationalist.
I didn't know Wilmington was a college town. Is "college" like university (age l8 plus) or like school (younger)?

Keon,
I've ended up in Wilmington because that's where the American research site of the company I work for is based. I've heard it's a bit dull too, but since I've never travelled much, it will be exciting enough for a couple of months.
I'll have trouble getting anywhere too far, since I might not be driving- only passed my test over here a few days ago.

Thanks again guys.

James,

Yes, "college" over here is over 18. It's often used as a synonym with university, though I suppose there are some differences, which a more American English-literate person could probably explain! :)

If you have access to transportation, you're welcome to worship with us. We're about 45 minutes north of Wilmington in PA.

Also, Emmanuel OPC is a good church. Faith PCA is in Wilmington, Evangelical PCA in Newark, and Glasgow PCA is in Bear, DE.

The reformed presbyterian (PCA) church that i belong to is only about 10 miles away. We are in Boothwyn, PA. You can check out our website for directions and such..

http://www.rpcb.org/

James,

We don't have any sermons now, but i think it's a great idea.
Since i do their website, i just emailed the pastor to see if he can give me some sermons to put on the site. So you may want to check the site periodically.

Thanks for the idea,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back