Originally posted by Draught Horse
nyquil
especially the liquid stuff.
Wow lotsa replies!
Yeah I started taking that the moment I felt sick. Had my first monthly check-up with the doctor because I'm on accutane and he put me on Augmentin. It's a pretty strong one and might be helping.
Originally posted by turmericVery hot lemon juice & honey, with a dash of cayenne will temporarily improve laryngitis. If you can get it there's a natural remedy called Airborne which you drop into water and drink after it effervesces.
Yeah as a singer lemon, honey, and tea are muy importante but what's cayenne? Have to ask mum about that. Tried Airborne last month, even before I got sick, didn't really do too much.
Originally posted by Draught HorseI was always told to gargle hot saltwater. It would work for about 3 minutes and then my throat would start hurting again. A friend of mine said to shoot whisky to get it to go away. Don't. It doesn't work
My parents are big on the salt water. And totees

I took a few shots of Maker's Mark back in December, seemed to help. Helped with sleeping, too
Originally posted by PuddleGlumTry cutting out milk / dairy.
Oh yeah! I just flat out stopped drinking it a long time ago because combine that and the "great" air in Bakersfield...

Is your sister a soprano or alto?
Originally posted by ScotThe best thing that I've found is a product called Sambucol. It's actually elderberry which is virologist studied/tested and proven to fight viruses. Also take 1000mg vitamin C every hour to bowel tolerence and gargle with peroxide.
Will look into that. And Peroxide? As in hydrogen peroxide?? Never heard of that.
Originally posted by LadyFlyntNo MILK! NO straight Juice. Have that lemon juice and honey in hot tea.
Tea tree oil is a must. Some in a hot bath, some on a warm damp washcloth placed on your chest, boil water with a few drops in it. Works better than Vaporub...though I keep both on hand.
Don't forget the vitamin C and sleep! If you need, sleep reclining instead of laying all the way down.
Is there a way you get them to put off the singing portion of your exams?
No juice because of the sugar? Makes sense.
Midterms - the perfect time to become ill!

I'll ask if he'll let me do the singing portion at another time, but I doubt it because the test is so long that we have to do it on 2 separate days.
Thanks, y'all!